Archive for the ‘technical session’ Category
A group of individuals that often do not see the light of day, will be descending on the NADA headquarters June 2nd and 3rd. These individuals are responsible for the care of your networks, the creation of your applications, the lively hood of your company. They live primarily off of stale pizza, and old pop cans. They are your technical staff and developers!!!
The STAR June Technical Session is fast approaching, and it’s another benefit for STAR members. It’s free for STAR members and invited guests to attend. It is an opportunity for your technical developers and project managers to mingle with other member companies. Share ideas. Collaborate. Learn. Oh and maybe have a frosty beverage or two.
Past STAR technical sessions have been held by Nissan, and Honda. This years agenda is very diversified, and we will be trying an Open Space Technology day to further the exchange of ideas. Be watching this blog as well as the STAR newsletter for more information about the happenings at the Technical Session.
Posted in technical session | No Comments »
The STAR 2009 Technical Session is coming up. The agenda has now been posted on the STAR members web site, and registration for attending is now open. The STAR technical session is designed for the technical user community. It’s a forum for the exchange of ideas and solutions to common hurdles that you all face. Last years technical session helped drive some changes to the STAR Web Services specification, particularly driving home the need to make them more interoperable.
If you are a STAR member please consider attending the technical session. There is no cost beyond your travel costs. It’s a great way to meet other developers within the community.
Posted in STAR, community, open standards, technical session | No Comments »
STAR Technical Session Announcement.
- When: June 2 – 3, 2009
- Where: NADA, McLean, VA
- Purpose: To share ideas, relax, explore new ways of working, and to get out of our cubicles.
- Why: To help provide an environment where the STAR technical community can get together and learn from each other.
- How Do I Participate: Submit a Paper or Topic through the Technical Session Website.
- Do I get something for Presenting: Yeah, we’ll give presenters a special gift for presenting. There might even be another game again.
About the Technical Session.
STAR holds a Technical Session for STAR members and special guests during the month of June. This year the technical session will be June 2nd and June 3rd at the NADA headquarters in McLean, VA. STAR does not charge members for attendance to the technical session. In fact, there is no fee at all. The last technical session hosted by Honda, there were 40 attendees, and presentations by four separate STAR member companies covering the Automotive, Heavy Duty Truck, and Power Sport industries.
The Call for Participation period runs from February 1, 2009 until March 20, 2009, for presentations and birds of a feather topics. If you are a STAR member we encourage you to submit a presentation or topic, as this session is for your benefit and is what you make it. All we are asking for at this time is an abstract of what you want to present, along with a brief document to go along with it. It does not have to be anything fancy, but enough information so that we know what you want to discuss or present.
In general the technical session is a place for you to show off what you are doing. Topics could include information on the following:
- Did you find a very cool way to increase performance of processing STAR BODs?
- Are you working on a way to help with Large File Handling using advanced Web Services specifications like WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Enumeration, etc?
- Are you looking at new ways to process STAR BODs?
- Models are everywhere, are you doing model driven architecture?
- How are you helping to promote STAR adoption and use within the industry?
- How are you handling interoperability and integration with your systems when dealing with multiple trading partners?
The technical session is the venue for you to show your stuff, and talk to others that may be facing the same problems. Swap war stories. Trade ideas on how you can better address your common needs. Most importantly it is a great way to meet other folks in the STAR technical community.
Check back here from time to time, we have some interesting items in the pipeline for the technical session.
Posted in technical session | No Comments »